Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Eve!

Every Christmas Eve the whole family comes over to have dinner and exchange presents. As always it was loud and crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that our family is so close and that we enjoy being together. I love that Austin gets along with all his nieces and calls them all his best friends. Austin got a dinosaur named Tiny and he loves him. He talks to his other dinosaur friends that he got on Christmas day. Tiny has been his best bud ever since and Austin takes him everywhere.

One of my friends at work made some reindeer food so that Austin could feed the reindeer. Angelina and Isabella were here so I thought it would be fun for all of them to go do it before it got way late. We usually just leave a few carrots on the cookie plate so Santa can feed his own reindeer so they were pretty excited that they got to do this.


Setting the cookies and milk up for Santa was probably my favorite part of the night. We made cookies a few days before and I let Austin choose which ones he wanted to set out. A green one because those are his very favorite kind to eat, a reindeer one because his reindeer would think that was pretty cool and a red one because he needs three. We couldn't set any no-bake cookies out because Santa is just like Austin and doesn't like those. I tell Austin that it is time for bed and he hurries and takes a bite of one of the cookies and a drink of milk and says I had to try it to make sure it was good for Santa. That boy is too funny! I thought getting him to sleep was going to be super hard! But he surprised me and went to bed really easy and even slept in til 9:30! This Christmas Eve was something to remember!



No comments:

Post a Comment